All You Need To Know About The Virus
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses that are notorious for causing respiratory problems in humans. It is on a hunt for the host’s lungs as it is the site where it resides and causes respiratory problems. The common emerging symptoms are related to breathing such as dyspnea (shortness of breath), wheezing, etc. These symptoms show up within a time period of 2-14 days after being infected and the severity ranges from mild to severe. In most cases it is mild. Among this coronaviruses family, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and common colds are examples of illnesses that occur in humans. This virus is fast spreading therefore it is difficult to keep this virus away if proper precautions are not ensured.
How Does This Virus Spread From Person To Person?
If proper precautions are not taken to avoid this virus then it is an open invitation for the virus to enter our body and attack our organs (lungs and eventually other organs of the body). Therefore these steps must be taken to avoid any unfavorable circumstances:
- The virus in respiratory droplets of a person who coughs or sneezes near you can be contagious
- The virus once released in the air remains there for some period of time especially if it is an enclosed area and increases the risk of infection if you are present in that specific area.
- Having close contact with the infected person
- Touching surfaces infected with viruses and touching your mouth or nose
Symptoms of Corona Virus
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- Muscle or body aches.
- New loss of taste or smell.
- Sore throat.
- Congestion or runny nose.
- Nausea or vomiting.
How Does Immune System Works Against This Virus?
The human immune system consists of cells that fight against foreign invaders. The cells that play an important role in this fight are white blood cells. They travel throughout the body in the blood and hunt for any foreign invader (antigen) entering into the body to cause harmful effects. As a result of this fight between the immune cells and the antigen, antibodies are produced that are the markers of immune system functioning. If the immune system is strong it will be able to perform better. Factors such as a good diet, immune-boosting supplements, regular exercise help a lot.
How Coronavirus Destroys The Immune Response Of Body?
Coronavirus has spikes on its surface. The spike protein (S protein) on coronavirus binds to the receptor in the human body known as ACE2 receptors. Due to the concave surface of the virus, it makes it easy for the virus to bind with the host receptor and cause disease. The spike protein of the virus is pinched inside the host cell.
Health Tips To Strengthen The Immune System & Prevent Corona
- Eat a balanced diet with all the essential vitamins and supplements to support the immune system. Following are some immune boosters
- Whole grains, Legumes, Nuts, Seeds, Green leafy vegetables, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, spinach) and Fruits (lemon, oranges, strawberries)
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Have a good night sleep of at least 7 hours
- Avoid unnecessary medicines
- Use supplements such as Vitamin C and A, and those containing minerals such as magnesium and zinc
Vitamin C Tablets, Your Immunity Partner
Healthilife Vitamin C (Effervescent Tablets) as the name suggested contains vitamin C, which plays a vital role in boosting a human immune system. It is a great-tasting product that makes it easy to consume. This product helps to recover the depleted levels of Vitamin C and immune cells during infection. This can also be taken as a preventative measure against coronavirus.